- Virtual Conference Platform
- Sessions and talks
- Program, Abstracts and Book of Abstracts
- Instruction and Training Videos
- Uploading of Presentation Materials
- Recording of Presentation
- Summary Slide
Virtual Conference Platform:
- How do I navigate the virtual conference platform?
Please, watch the videos explaining various features of the virtual conference platform at the Instruction and Training Videos page.
- How do I log into the conference platform?
Please, login using your email that you provided at registration.
- Do I need a password to login to the conference platform?
No, you do not need a password. Your email address is sufficient.
- What is the web address of the virtual conference platform.
The web-address of the conference platform will be (has been) sent by email to all registered attendees of WCSMO-14 on June 1, 2021.
- Who do I contact if I cannot login to the conference platform?
Please, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What technology is used for WCSMO-14?
Sessions and the “Coffee Break” are using Zoom rooms. The “Meet & Greet” room is using Wonder.me.
- Why are the links to the Zoom rooms for the live session not active yet?
These links will be active starting on June 13.
- Do I need a Zoom account?
Yes. To only allow registered participants to join live sessions, you will need a zoom account which can be created at no cost, for example, at Zoom. It is recommended, but not required, that you use the same email address for your Zoom account that you used for registering for the conference.
- Do I need an account at Wonder.me?
No, you can create a profile on the fly. No account is needed.
- What do I need to do if I can not join the “Meet & Greet” room?
The “Meet & Greet” room is using Wonder.me which does not support certain devices, such as Apple IPads. Please, use a compatible device. Help can be found here.
Sessions and Talks:
- Where do I find the program and schedule of WCSMO-14?
The most recent version of the program can be found here. You can also find the schedule with links to the Zoom rooms where the sessions will take place on the virtual conference platform (horizontal menu at the top: “Event schedule” tab).
- What will happen at the live sessions during the week of June 13 – 18?
At the beginning of a session, each presenter will briefly introduce her/his talk in no-more than two minutes. After this introduction, the session is split up into breakout rooms, one for each presenter. In these breakout rooms, presenters and participants can discuss the presenter’s work. Participants can join the discussions of presentations of their interest, conveniently switching between sessions and presentations.
- Should I watch the recordings of a presentation I am interested in before the session the talks is discussed?
Yes. Please, watch the presentations you are interested in before the sessions where it is discussed. You can start watching the recordings of presentations on June 1st via the virtual conference platform.
- Do I need a Zoom account to join the live sessions?
No. You do not need a Zoom account. You just need a Zoom app that allows you to connect to a Zoom meeting. Note that in most cases you can just use your web-browser and you do not have to install an app.
- I am a presenter. What do I need to do before and during the session I am presenting in?
Please, join the Zoom room of your session in time and let the session chair know that you are online. Once the session starts, the session chair will introduce you. You will have 2 minutes to introduce your talk with the summary slide that you submitted. The session chair has the slides and will advance the slides.
After the introduction of all talks in a session, breakout rooms for each session will be opened. Please, join the breakout room for your presentation. The breakout room number will be shown on a slide in the main room. Once you are in your breakout room, you can share you screen and show the summary slide and additional slides. Please, have these slides ready on your computer.
Detailed instructions can be found here.
- I am a session chair or co-chair. What do I need to do?
Please, join the Zoom room of your session in time. Please, have the summary slides and the slide with the breakout room assignments ready on your computer. You will need to share your screen at the beginning of the session. First, you will introduce the speakers and enforce the two-minute time limit for each speaker introducing his/her talk. After that the session engineer who will support you during your sessions will show the slide with the breakout room assignments. Please, join the speakers in their breakout rooms.
Detailed instructions can be found here.
- What happens at the end of a session?
The sessions are schedule for 50 minutes. Once the time is up the zoom room will be shut down before the next session starts. To continue a discussion that started in a breakout room, attendees can meet either in the “Coffee Break” room or the “Meet & Greet” room. Both rooms are accessible via the Lounge; see horizontal menu at the top in the virtual conference platform : “Lounge” tab.
Program, Abstracts, and Book of Abstracts:
- Where can I find the conference program?
You can find the current conference program at here.
- Where can I find abstracts for individual talks?
On the virtual conference platform, the abstracts for individual talks can be download from the pop-up window that opens when watching the recordings of the presentation; see symbol on the left side of the screen next to the abstract Id. In addition, all abstracts are collected in the Book of Abstracts; please, see questions below.
- Where can I find the Book of Abstracts?
You can find a link to the Book of Abstracts here.
- Will the Book of Abstracts be published and have a ISBN or DOI number?
No, ISSMO and the local organizing committee decided against a formal publication.
- Do I need to register for the conference if I have already registered when I submitted my abstract?
Yes, the registration used for the abstract and the registration for the conference are different. Please, use the following link to register for the conference: Conference registration.
- By when do I have to register?
All presenters have to register by April 30. If presenters have not registered by this deadline, we need to assume that the presenter has withdrawn her/his presentation.
Uploading of Presentation Materials
- Of what files does the presentation material consist?
– The recording of your 15-minute presentation (see also Recording of Presentation).
– The final version of your abstract (see also Abstract)
– A summary slide (see also Summary Slide)
- How do I upload my presentation material?
All presenters will receive an email by May 5, 2021, with detailed instructions for uploading their presentation material..
- By when do I have upload my presentation material?
All presentation material need to be uploaded by May 17, 2021. This deadline is dictated by the need for organizing and reviewing the material such that the presentations and abstracts are available for pre-view on June 1, 2021. Please, note that unfortunately no extension to this deadline can be granted.
Recording of presentation:
- Which tools can I use for recording?
We recommend using Zoom (see tutorial video). However, please, feel free to use any recording software you prefer. However, please, make sure to either record or, after recording, convert the recording to mp4 format.
- In which format can I upload the video of my presentation?
Your video needs to be uploaded in mp4 format. If you record your presentation via Zoom the video will have this format.
- Do I have to upload my abstract although it has not changed since original submission?
Yes, you need to upload your abstract independently of change since original submission. Please, use the format provided through the template posted at http://www.wcsmo.org/upload.
- Is there a required format for the final version of my abstract?
Yes, use the format provided through the template posted at http://www.wcsmo.org/upload.
- Will the book of abstracts be published and a ISBN identifier or DOI number?
No, the book of abstract will be made available to the participants of WCSMO-14, but there won’t be a formal publication of the abstracts.
- Can I upload a Latex or WORD format of my abstract?
No, you can only upload a PDF version of your abstract.
- What will the summary slide be use for?
Presenters will use the summary slide to introduce their abstract at the beginning of their session and they can use the summary slide during discussion of their talk.
- Is there a required format for the summary slide?
No, please, feel free to use any style and format you prefer?
- Can my summary slide consist of more than 1 slide and/or include animation or videos?
Please, design your summary slide such that you can introduce your talk with one single slide in about 2 minutes. To this end, this single slide should not include complex animations or videos. However, feel free to include backup slides that can be used during discussion. Please, see also question/answer about the format of the summary slide.
- Can I upload my summary slide as a PPT file or Google Slides or Keynote file?
No, the summary slide needs to be uploaded in PDF format only.
- Will my summary slides be made available to the participants of WCSMO-14?
Only the organizers and session chairs will have direct access to your summary slide file. It will not be available for download.