We would like to provide you with initial information about the schedule, the technical sessions, and the networking and socializing events. More details, including invitations to participate in special events will follow soon.
Please, recall that registration is open at: https://www.wcsmo14.org/registration. We encourage you to take advantage of reduced, early-bird registration fees until April 15, 2021. All presenters need to have registered by April 30, 2021. This registration is different from the one used to submit abstracts. Please, note that one registration will allow login into the conference virtual platform only from one device at a time. The registration credentials should not be shared.
- Technical sessions, plenary talks, and the ISSMO General Assembly are scheduled in the week of June 14 – 18, 2001. On Sunday, June 13, participants will be able to socialize and explore the virtual conference platform, but there will not be a formal program.
- To accommodate the different time zones of participants around the globe, the sessions are grouped into two blocks: a “morning” block from 7:00 – 11:00 am US Mountain Standard Time (MST) and an “afternoon” block from 6:00 – 10:00 pm MST. A timetable for different time zones is provided below.
- Each day will feature one plenary style event, such as plenary and state-of-the-art talks, and networking and socializing activities.
Presentations & technical sessions:
- For each presentation, a 15-minute recording and a one-page summary slide need to be uploaded by May 17, 2021. The upload page will be online on May 4th.
- Participants will be able to watch the presentation recordings and post comments and questions starting June 1st, 2021. The recordings will be available past the conference, through August 1st, 2021. Access to the recordings requires registration.
- Each technical session will feature 5-6 presentations.
- Each presenter will briefly introduce her/his talk in no-more than two minutes, using the summary slide to be uploaded. The introduction of all presentations of a session is followed by an unmoderated poster-style discussion in breakout rooms.
- Participants will be able to join the poster-style discussions of presentations of their interest, conveniently switching between sessions and presentations. Participants are strongly encouraged to watch the recordings of the presentations and post questions before the session featuring the presentation.
Networking and Socializing:
- Each day, the morning and afternoon blocks will conclude with networking and socializing events. These activities will focus on technical topics, career development themes, or entertainment.
- Several networking and socializing events will be organized in advance, but additional events can be created ad-hoc by participants.
- The virtual conference platform will allow participants to socialize in the lobby or in private chat rooms.
|Morning block 7:00 – 11:00 am MST||Afternoon block 6:00 – 10:00 pm MST|
|Sydney||11:00 PM – 3:00 AM||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM|
|Tokyo||10:00 PM – 2:00 AM||9:00 AM – 1:00 PM|
|Beijing||9:00 PM – 1:00 AM||8:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|New Delhi||6:30 PM – 10:30 PM||5:30 AM – 9:30 AM|
|Moscow||4:00 PM – 8:00 PM||3:00 AM – 7:00 AM|
|Paris||3:00 PM – 7:00 PM||2:00 AM – 6:00 AM|
|São Paulo||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||9:00 PM – 1:00 AM|
|New York||9:00 AM – 1:00 PM||8:00 PM – 12:00 AM|
|San Diego||6:00 AM – 10:00 AM||5:00 PM – 9:00 PM|